Below are some additional opportunities for learning new methods and skills for doing digital scholarship.
If any of you work for a college or university, even adjuncting, check out their library’s offerings. Increasingly, academic libraries offer workshops and consultations on digital project planning, data management, and sustainability. Some libraries are carving out collaborative work spaces and offering computers best for working with large data sets.
Keeping Up on Current Research and Trends
- Alliance Labs: http://labs.aam-us.org/
- Trendswatch 2017, American Alliance of Museums, https://aam-us.org/docs/default-source/center-for-the-future-of-museums/trendswatch-2017.pdf?sfvrsn=2.
- NMC Horizon Reports, ,http://www.nmc.org/, 2016 Museum Edition.” The New Media Consortium, http://www.nmc.org/publication/nmc-horizon-report-2016-museum-edition/.
- Pew Research Center on Internet and American Life: http://www.pewresearch.org/
- TechSoup, https://techsoup.org/
- CAA Reviews, http://www.caareviews.org/
- MuseumNext, https://www.museumnext.com/
- Media and Technology Awards, AAM, http://aam-us.org/about-us/grants-awards-and-competitions/muse-awards
- Best of the Web, Museums and the Web Conference, http://www.museumsandtheweb.com/best-of-the-web/
- Bibliography of Museums and the Web papers, https://www.museumsandtheweb.com/bibliography/
Tutorials for Digital Methods and Programs
- CodeAcademy, https://www.codecademy.com/
- Programming Historian, http://programminghistorian.org/
- Stack Overflow (for questions about using existing platforms and tools), http://stackoverflow.com/
Unconferences, Webinars, and In-Person Training
- THATCamp | The Humanities and Technology Camp http://thatcamp.org/
- Digital Humanities Summer Institute, http://dhsi.org
- Rails Girls: Guides http://guides.railsgirls.com/
- NEH Office of Digital Humanities Institutes for Advanced Topics in Digital Humanities (often are interdisciplinary): https://www.neh.gov/divisions/odh/institutes
- Workshops and Webinars from AAMC, CAA, Museum Computer Network, AAM, IMLS, NEH