February 9: Digital Storytelling and Publishing
- Steven Lubar, “Timelines in Exhibitions,” Curator: The Museum Journal 56, no. 2 (April 1, 2013): 169–88. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/cura.12018/full (PDF of page proof available for those without electronic access) Estimated Read Time: 28 minutes
- Shawn Medero, “Paper Prototyping” A List Apart,January 23, 2007; and published in Layout & Grids, Information Architecture, Interaction Design, https://alistapart.com/article/paperprototyping Estimated Read Time: 5 minutes
- Erin Kissane, “A Checklist for Content Work.” A List Apart, March 8, 2011, and published in Content Strategy, https://alistapart.com/article/a-checklist-for-content-work. Estimated Read Time: 10 minutes
- Angela Colter, “Testing Content,” A List Apart, December 14, 2010, and published in Content Strategy, Workflow & Tools, User Research, https://alistapart.com/article/testing-content. Estimated Read Time: 8 minutes
- Collins Goodyear, Anne. “The Getty Online Scholarly Catalogue Initiative (OSCI).” CAA Reviews, October 6, 2016, http://www.caareviews.org/reviews/2880#.WRJ7G9y1upo Estimated Read Time: 9 minutes
- “Nine Lessons Learned,” in Museum Catalogues in the Digital Age (OSCI Final Report). The Getty Foundation, Los Angeles, 2017 http://www.getty.edu/publications/osci-report/lessons-learned/ . Estimated Read Time: 20 minutes
- Editorial Training, “How to Write Short,” National Public Radio http://training.npr.org/digital/how-to-write-short/, Estimated Read Time: 3 minutes
9:00-10:15am: Digital Project Planning:
- Picking a Platform — please grab the documents from our Google Drive.
- Story Boarding
- Building the Histories of the National Mall: A Guide to Creating a Digital Public History Project, http://mallhistory.org/Guide/.
- Donna Lichaw, “The User’s Journey,” A List Apart, April 5, 2016, https://alistapart.com/article/the-users-journey.
- Content Strategy
10:30am -12:00pm: Explore platforms: http://networkedcurator.doingdh.org/try-a-new-platformtool/
1-2:15pm: Digital Project Planning continues, Writing a short proposal
2:30-4pm: Trends in digital publishing
- OSCI: http://www.getty.edu/foundation/initiatives/current/osci/osci_browse_catalogues.html
- Nineteenth-Century Art Worldwide’s “Digital Humanities and Art History”: Reflections on Our First Articles,by Emily Pugh with Elizabeth Buhe and Petra Chu, http://www.19thc-artworldwide.org/index.php/spring16/pugh-on-digital-humanities-art-history-our-first-articles
- British Art Studies, open access, only-only journal: http://www.britishartstudies.ac.uk/
- International Journal for Digital Art History online & print http://dah-journal.org/
- CAA.Reviews for Digital Projects & Digital Media Installations: http://www.caareviews.org/search?filters=124&show=reviews&type=essay
- Digital monograph: Nicholas Bauch, Enchanting the Desert, (Palo Alto: Stanford University Press, 2016. http://www.sup.org/books/title/?id=25726
- Janeway digital publishing system
- Open Journal System
Resource: Humanities Commons: https://hcommons.org/
How can I stay current? Other training opportunities
Please complete this short survey before you go for the day!